About Me

Monday, September 28, 2015

My Aspirations

We all aspire to do great things in life.  The level of greatness is set by each individual who may have different views of "setting the bar" with their goals.  Personally I hope to accomplish many things in life that are based on my continuing educational experiences, work, and my personal life.  Some of these things can overlap in terms of the individual accomplishments achieved, while others can be strictly focused in one area of my life.

One of my life aspirations is to be remembered for my teachings.  As an educator you have the ability to touch the minds of everyone you encounter in the world.  I know that even outside of my classroom, I look for or embrace opportunities to add some helpful insight to a particular learner, or even give myself the opportunity to learn something new from a complete stranger.  With this goal I have created lifelong opportunities to share who I am, what I know, and continually learn from others.  

As far as this class, I aspire to become more confident with using and incorporating the Chrome based apps in my own classroom, along with personal projects.  I aspire to use the skills learned in this course to help guide my students and fellow educators on how to utilize these tools in and out of the classroom. I know that there are many projects that I use more advanced programs for, but it would be extremely beneficial to know that programs like photoshop & illustrator are not always required for digital design.

One of the main things that attracted me to this class was the mention of creating 2D and 3D modeled objects that can be prototyped using 3D printers and laser cutters. I have been trying to collaborate with our career center class about this, but it would mainly be using the advanced programs that are not available to the everyday google user. I would like to be able to create designs for the collaboration without the need of having the tech class mapping everything for us.

As a final outcome I hope to be able to confidently bring my teachings, and students abilities to a higher level. As teachers master their craft it is important to find ways to challenge themselves to explore areas that may never have been thought they would teach in their own class, and in turn challenge their students to explore areas they may never thought they could learn about in their own class.

No comments:

Post a Comment