About Me

Monday, October 5, 2015

Creations

This week I was really excited to explore the different photo editors.  Being a photography teacher who teaches photoshop, I was really interested in putting these apps to the test.

Poster #1 Happy Halloween!
For this image I used a few different features in PicMonkey. Explored the texture overlay and the masking feature to Isolate the texture to my skin.  I used the text tool for the lettering, and explored the blending features to have the lettering blend as it overlaid the texture.
















Poster #2 Flow
I feel that I have come a long way in the 32 years I have been on this planet.  I have to say that where I am in my life now, on top of all that is piled up in my mountain of responsibilities and hobbies, the backbone of my flow comes from the support of my wife Jennifer and our loving dog Osi.  With them in mind, even though Jenn though it to be a bit creepy, I created this poster.

 Exploring the more advanced features in Pixlr Editor I wanted to see how close this app was to photoshop, and if it was something one could rely on for advanced edits.  To an extent it proved that one can.  I used layer masking and blending modes to blond the 2 portraits together.  Using the transformation tool I was able to size the one image perfectly inside the other.  I added the M as a symbol of our last name.  I used layer features to add the embossed effect and color.

No comments:

Post a Comment