About Me

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Week 9 Reflection

This week we explored different ways of creating a podcast.  After watching some of the tutorials, I became concerned with the quality of the sound that I was limited to with just using my laptop or desktop computer.  I decided to ask my buddy who is a musician to help me out with mic equipment. After a crash course on setup and refining, I began my podcast.
I decided to focus around the theme of photography and the topic of photographers vs snappers.  In the podcast I discussed my own personal opinions on the topic, along with conducting three different interviews to attempt to get the most diverse range of opinions.
After all recordings were made, the editing process began.  This was a lot different from editing a slideshow or even a streaming movie.  Sound can be so funky depending on were the recording was made, how good the equipment you are recording with, and the volume of the voices being recorded. It took several hours to get everything in lined up and sounding right.  I played with adding some music to add a fun mood to the show.
Overall I really enjoyed this project.  Even with the frustration of the extensive amount of editing, it I'm glad it was so involved because it allowed me to work with WeVideo even more, getting me to a higher level of understanding of the program.    

No comments:

Post a Comment