About Me

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Week 5 Reflections

Post a  reflection that  includes some information on the tools we practiced this week.  Which parts were new?  Which parts did you already know?  What parts were challenging?  What insights did you have?

There were many different features of the interactive creations that we explored this week that really grabbed my interest. Although I never thought of transforming my presentations into e-books, its great to know that there are new ways to grab kids attention. I attempted to create a short ebook out of some of my students work. I really like the edit Master Slide feature. I generally stick to whats offered because I never knew the capabilities of customizing a slide. In terms of interaction with links to other pages in a presentation or site, I am fairly comfortable. The work can be a bit tedious, but simple once you have all of your links accessed. I love that I was able to create a Jeopardy quiz game with some of my quiz material. This is something I have wanting to do for a while now. I think that these new resources can truly grab the attention of all types of learners. When something is customizable to your style, it becomes more of a desirable and enjoyable project to complete, presentation to give, or quiz to take.  


I can see using the Jeopardy games fro the rest of my career. I wish I learned how to create this years ago.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HnVN-EpPb_uYWcM60R6KtHH0tOXOvP_EC0R7o5M3TuM
I see my students creating digital portfolios through different ebook options.  They have the ability to design every aspect of their book.  I love it!!! Here is a link to my ebook created simply through google slides. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4iT_O5KUgRaa1A4cm1DSmtjbWc

Along with these new techniques, I have utilized other interactive techniques with the photography class website I designed.  It is my hope that I can one day use my site as an online option for students to take.  Here is a link to the BUHS Photography class website: https://sites.google.com/a/wsesu.org/buhs-photography/home

No comments:

Post a Comment