About Me

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Week 6 Reflection

After reading through all of the creativity challenges, I realized that I face these types of challenges almost every day.

CREATIVITY CHALLENGE #1: PUSH YOURSELF TO THINK DIVERGENTLY AND CREATIVELY.
During a recent photo shoot to challenge myself to new techniques that I have not explored before I observe what others have done or attempted and with the van with Bill environment I was able to achieve something I've never done before.

CREATIVITY CHALLENGE #2: INCREASE YOUR CREATIVE OUTPUT.
I do not journal my dreams typically but I do journal moments of “genius” that occur to me. These ideas are a bit out of the box but some have led me to become more creative with my teachings or even more self-efficient in my own life. With these ideas, I typically use speech to text because my typing skills are not on par as my thoughts skills. Speaking into my notes allows the thoughts to pour much faster hour rather than thinking about typing the words.  These ideas are not strictly based around my own wants and needs, many times I'll be thinking about the students work and brainstorm an idea based around their project. Intern helping others with my thoughts ideas.

CREATIVITY CHALLENGE #5: ENCOURAGE AND ACCEPT CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK.
Being an art teacher this technique is used every time we look at different artwork whether it is by a professional artist/master, or has been created in my own classroom.  I am in complete favor of pointing out flaws in areas where improvement can be made.  Even if it's related to the world of art, there's reasoning for all creative decisions we make.  Backing up that reasoning and reaching a full understanding is what I teach and what i personally strive for.  

CREATIVITY CHALLENGE #6: WARM UP A GROUP.

At the beginning of each semester I like to do what I call a getting to know you spectrum. Giving various topics ranging from preference of season to types of food you consume along with various other topics.  Based on where these kids feel they are on the spectrum they move and shift watching as their differences and similarities bring each other closer and farther away from one another, while they all stay on the same spectrum.  After noting various differences and similarities students attempt to partner up with people that they had the most differences with, and introduce each other to the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment